I have to admit I am one of those Moms’ that love to cook. I really enjoy making a meal that my family is absolutely thrilled with and wants me to make again. But when I have a deadline at work, my daughter’s viola lessons, and 32 loads of laundry to do I HAVE to make dinner a simple endeavor. All my dinner related problems were solved when I bought my first crock pot. I could prep dinner in the morning, set it up in the crock pot, and forget about it until dinner time. Whether you’re a busy parent, single business professional, or just love coming home to an amazing smelling meal that’s ready when you are; crock pot meals are perfect for you! This blog is a homage to My Family’s Favorite Crock Pot Dinners.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 can (19 oz) red enchilada sauce
1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
2 1/2 c. chicken broth
1/3 c. cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
1/4 c. heavy cream
Sour cream, for serving
Chopped cilantro, for serving
Sliced lime, for serving
Crushed tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine onion, spices, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken and broth in the bowl of your Crock-Pot. Stir together to combine all ingredients. Set on high and cook for 3 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from Crock-Pot and shred. Return to pot and stir in cheese and cream. Stir and place on low until cheese is melted.
- Serve into bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro, crushed chips, more cheddar and a slice of lime if desired.
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 4 lb. chuck roast
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 package au jus gravy mix
- 5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in bottom of a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Top with slices of butter, sprinkle the ranch and au jus over the top and add peppers. You can use whole peppers or a handful of sliced peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred meat right before serving. ENJOY.
Brought to you by: https://www.shugarysweets.com/mississippi-pot-roast/
Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
- 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounces
- 2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 can(s) chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
- Mixed vegetables, optional; I didn’t use this time
- 1 tsp Better Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large chicken breasts
- salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
- Salt & pepper chicken breasts.
- Place in the bottom of Crock Pot.
- Spoon soup over the chicken.
- Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- Whisk the bouillon with the broth.
- Pour over soup.
- Place lid on the Crock Pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and tear into pieces.
- Add back to pot.
- Now add noodles; if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. I stir a few times during last 2 hours. (You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like)
- Sprinkle with parsley and mix in if using at the end of cooking.
- Salt & pepper, if needed, and serve. Yum!
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey or Italian sausage)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 650 ml jar pasta sauce about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- 375-gram box Penne or Ziti or other short pasta (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef mixture, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta sauce and water to a 4 qt. (or larger) slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Add pasta and stir until combined. Cover and continue cooking for 15-30 minutes (depending on how hot your slow cooker is) — check and stir at the 15-minute mark.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Brought to you by: https://www.thereciperebel.com/slow-cooker-baked-ziti/
French Dip Dinner Crock Pot Recipe
- 3-pound chuck roast
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 cans Campbell’s French Onion Soup
- 1 can Beef Consomme Soup
- 8 hoagie rolls
- 8-16 slices provolone (depending on if you want one or two pieces of cheese on each sandwich
- Brown Chuck Roast in vegetable oil
- Add soups to chuck roast
- Slow cook on high for four hours or on low for 8-10 hours
- When slow cooker is done, move your roast to a bowl and remove fatty pieces off
- Remove any large chunks of meat or fat out of the juice that’s still left in the crock pot
- Pour the juice from the crock pot into a pan that you can simmer in your stove top
- Simmer Au jus juice to reduce it to half (This will be your French dip sauce and it will be dang good.)
- Put your shredded meat onto hoagie rolls or French bread slices and top with provolone cheese
Brought to you by: https://couponcravings.com/french-dip-crock-pot-dinner-recipe/
These easy and delicious crock pot meals are sure to satisfy everyone in your family! So instead of stressing out over what to make for dinner or some huge kitchen mess; take a page out of my book. And try one of my Family’s Favorite Crock Pot Dinners!
This blog is brought to you by Temple Display. YOUR source for Commercial Holiday Decor. From creation to installation, even storage we do it all. Don’t forget Custom Designs are our specialty at NO COST to you! Click here to check out how Custom Commercial Holiday Decorations can make your city, municipality, or commercial property a Holiday Destination! Or give us a call at 1-800-722-2501. One of our very knowledgeable staff members will be happy to work with you on designing your VERY OWN Custom Commercial Holiday Decoration. Order now thru August 31, 2019 and SAVE 20% or MORE on ALL Commercial Holiday Decor Orders. templedisplay.com